Thursday, October 23, 2008









It's time again for another post from our volunteer blogger!


AN OCTOBER DAY



I’m sitting outside on our patio. No TV. No radio. Very quiet and serene and I’m in the shade. We had an aluminum roof put over the cement patio. The roof is about 20’ wide and about 40’ long and it provides a lot of cover. Because it is on the north side of the house we do not get a lot of direct sunlight on the patio. A cool breeze just came by. Felt great!!!!


I’m sitting at a round table on the patio. We hung a 4’ by 8’ lattice screen at the far end of the patio. The wind goes through the openings but it also gives the effect of being enclosed.


I can hear the songs of the many birds in the trees. I do not recognize the birds I hear, but I do enjoy their chirp, chirp, chat, chat. It’s sort of peaceful out here. Not many cars on the street. School busses leave Tara High at about 2:30 each school day and I can tell time by the school busses leaving the Tara parking lot.


A big live oak tree shades the patio. It made it through the storm, but lost many branches. We took all the broken branches and piled them at our curb. Our neighbors have done likewise. Our street looks like a log jam with very heavy logs on both sides of the street. Probably like your neighborhood also. Two large trees fell on our neighbor’s house a few streets over. Looking at the house from the street, it looks as if it has three sections to it and gives you an eerie feeling. Of course, no one lives there now.

What a great loss! And our loss was minor. Thank God!

Jean is bringing lunch to me! She is so sweet and thoughtful. I love her and rely on her for so much.

Well, I see lunch coming through the gate. It’s time to quit and chat with my sweetie for awhile.

Bye for now!

This blog was written by a person diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. He’ll be 90 in ’09.


No comments: